Urbandale Public Library Employment Opportunities
The Library is now taking applications for the following position:
SALARY: $8.21 – $9.79 Hourly
JOB TYPE: Part-Time
OPENING DATE: 04/27/16
CLOSING DATE: 05/11/16 11:59 PM
Under the supervision of the Services Specialist, a Page is responsible for ensuring library materials are readily available and in an organized and accurate order.
ROUTINE JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sorts, transports, and shelves materials.
- Maintains the correct order and neat appearance of the collection.
- Empties book return.
- Answers customers’ directional questions and refers non-directional questions to appropriate staff.
- Assists customers with locating materials.
- Attends departmental meetings.
- Performs additional duties and projects as assigned.
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Previous experience working with the public preferred
- Previous experience working in a library preferred
This position requires a pre-employment drug test. Please note: Persons with disabilities must submit requests for ADA accommodations in writing by the application deadline.
View and apply for this position at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/urbandale