Urbandale Public Library
The Urbandale Public Library has been a part of the City of Urbandale community for 50 years. Originally opening in 1961, it has been housed in various locations throughout Urbandale, until opening a new building in 2000.
City of Urbandale History
The beginning of the City of Urbandale revolved around the need for a community school. In 1905 the first streetcar line was extended into Urbandale. The streetcar closed in 1951. The brief description of the history of Urbandale is provided with permission by Madeline Kaloides. It covers the development of the city government, schools, civic organizations, and the first church.