All materials donated are subject to the Collection Development Policy. Those materials not added to the collection are put in the library book sale.
Items the library accepts:
- New and used books (in good condition)
- Music CDs
- Audio books on CD
- Cake pans
Items the library does not accept:
- Magazines (including National Geographic magazines)
- Reader’s Digest condensed books
- Vinyl records
- Video tapes (VHS)
- Cassette tapes
- Encyclopedia sets
- Items that are not in good condition (books with yellowed, musty, water-damaged, moldy or mildewed pages)
- Items that are out of date
To make a monetary donation to the Urbandale Library Foundation, please click here for more information.