Information about Interlibrary Loan
If an item you are seeking is not available from the Urbandale Public Library, we can often get it from another library through interlibrary loan.
The Urbandale Public Library charges $1.50 for each interlibrary loan received, whether or not it is picked up.
Many items are available for only our basic $1.50 charge, however, the lending library may charge an additional $15.00 – $25.00. Please state the maximum you are willing to pay in the form below.
Guidelines for Interlibrary Loans
- You must have a valid Urbandale Public Library card to request interlibrary loans.
- Please check the library catalog to be sure that the material is not owned by the Urbandale Public Library.
- Most libraries do not lend their new materials. If the item you would like is less than one year old, please submit a purchase request instead.
- We will process up to ten requests per patron at one time. This includes requests that have already been submitted, but are not yet completed.
- Fill out a separate form for each item.
- Please fill out all required fields, indicated by a (required). The more information you provide, the better our chances of finding your item.
- Due dates for interlibrary loan materials are set by the lending library. To see if interlibrary loan materials are renewable, please call 515-331-6767.
- Interlibrary loan materials are borrowed from other libraries. Please return them on time!
- Interlibrary loan items may take weeks to arrive. If you need your item quickly, please call the library to discuss other available options.