Reserving a Meeting Room
Confirm that your event is eligible to meet at the library
- Meetings must be civic, cultural, educational or public informational in nature. No social events are allowed and all meetings held at the library must be free of charge. No admission, collection or donation may be taken.
- For-profit businesses may use the rooms during the business day to meet with employees.
- For-profit organizations will be charged for the use of the meeting rooms at a rate of $25 per hour.
- Food and non-alcoholic beverages are permitted in the rooms. All meals and snacks must be provided exclusively by the Library’s contracted concessionaire, Main Street Cafe and Bakery.
- All set-up and clean-up is the responsibility of the organization. $50 will be charged to groups who fail to return a room to its original condition.
- Although, there is no charge for the use of the library’s meeting rooms for non-profit organizations, donations to the Urbandale Public Library Foundation will be gratefully received.
- Groups utilizing the library meeting spaces must comply with the Meeting Room Policy.
Select the meeting space that fits your needs
Please click on the titles below for pictures of the spaces.
|Meeting RoomA & B (whole)||Meeting RoomA or B (half)||Conference Room|
|Room Size||28′ x 66′||28′ x 33′||14′ x 22′|
|Standard Setup (Groups must return rooms to the standard setup)||(2) Ten tables in an open square with 20 chairs||Ten tables in an open square with 20 chairs||Conference table with 10 chairs|
|Available in Rooms||4 Extra Tables40 Extra Chairs
2 Telephone Lines
2 White Boards
2 Coat Rooms
|2 Extra Tables20 Extra Chairs
|5 Extra ChairsTelephone Line
Counter with Sink
|Hours Available||Mon-Thu: 9am-11pmFri-Sat: 9am-6pm
|Mon-Thu: 9am-9pmFri-Sat: 9am-6pm
(All equipment must be reserved in advance)
|46″ TV with a BluRay/DVD player, Microphone, Overhead Projector, Podium, White Board/Flip Chart Holder, Speaker Phone, Screen, LCD Projector, AV cart|
Confirm the meeting space is available on the date and time of your event by checking the meeting room calendar
- The meeting rooms may be scheduled ONLINE starting at 9am on October 31st for the following January – June and at 9am on April 30th for the following July – December.
- All other requests (in-person, phone, or email) can be made on or after November 1st at 9am for the following January – June and on May 1st at 9am for the following July – December.
- Organizations are allowed no more than two bookings per month.
- If a scheduled meeting is cancelled, the user must inform the Library one week in advance.
Complete an Online Reservation
- In order to request a room online, you must first create an account.
- After creating an account, you need to “Log In“. Click on “Log In” under “My Account” on the menu bar.
- To start your reservation go up to “Reservations” on the menu bar and click on “Room Request”.
- Complete the “When and Where” information and then click on the blue “Check Availability” button.*If your group has multiple event dates, be sure to click on the “Recurrence” button and complete that information before clicking on the “Check Availability” button.
- Complete your event details (if we have an available meeting room) by clicking on the “Details” tab (above the “Availability” bar) and complete all information, including “Equipment” and “Furniture”, if applicable, and click on the blue “Submit” button.*If you receive an error message, please hit the back button on your browser and view your requests by going to “Reservations” on the menu bar and selecting “View My Requests”. If your event is listed it has been submitted properly.
Please note: Completing these steps tentatively holds a meeting room only. You will be notified via email within 3 business days if we were able to confirm your meeting room, or if no space was available.
If you have questions or need assistance, please call (515) 331-6765.