Tuesday, July 26th at 6:30 PM in Meeting Room A
Learn about the benefits and purpose of honeybees in this short 1 hour class. Presenter Carly Vannoy will also talk about the distinctive characteristics of honeybees from other stinging insects, the life cycles and stages of development in honeybees, the roles and separate castes of the queen, worker, and drone, and more!
Thursdays between 9:30 and 11:30 AM
Free drop-in activities for adults. We’ll provide the crafts, puzzles, games, coloring supplies, and more – all you have to do is show up and choose your activity!
Fridays, July 1, 8, 15, 22, & 29 at 1:00 PM in the ICN Classroom
Join us for a movie each Friday afternoon. A different genre will be explored each month. This month we’ll be showing movies about sports. For adults only (age 18 & up) please. No popcorn will be served.
- July 1 – A 2001 Oscar nominated biography about a boxing legend (Rated R/157 min.)
- July 8 – A 1984 Oscar nominated drama about a middle-aged talented baseball player who comes out of nowhere (Rated PG/115 min.)
- July 15 – A 2004 drama based on the true story about the 1980 U.S. Olympic hockey team (Rated PG/135 min.)
- July 22 – A 1981 Oscar winning drama based on the true story of 2 track athletes who compete in the 1924 Olympics (Rated PG/125 min.
- July 29 – A 2006 drama about the first all-black starting line-up college basketball team in 1965, the Texas Western Miners (Rated PG/106 min.)
Iowa Icons – Herbert & Lou Hoover
Thursday, August 4th at 6:30 pm in Meeting Room A
Join us on the first Thursday evening of each month for our Iowa Icons program. We’ll be highlighting the lives and accomplishments of historically significant individuals with an Iowa connection. An array of notable individuals – from politicians and scientists to actors and authors – will be featured. This month’s program will feature Herbert and Lou Henry Hoover. Learn all about Herbert Hoover, his wife Lou Henry, their humanitarian work, and Bert’s time as the 31st President of the United States. Presented by the Herbert Hoover Presidential Library. Click here to see a complete list of upcoming Iowa Icons programs.