Reserving a Meeting Room
Confirm that your event is eligible to meet at the library
- Meetings must be civic, cultural, educational or public informational in nature. No social events are allowed and all meetings held at the library must be free of charge. No admission, collection or donation may be taken.
- For-profit businesses may use the rooms during the business day to meet with employees.
- For-profit organizations will be charged for the use of the meeting rooms at a rate of $25 per hour.
- All set-up and clean-up is the responsibility of the organization.
- Although, there is no charge for the use of the library’s meeting rooms for non-profit organizations, donations to the Urbandale Public Library Foundation will be gratefully received.
- Groups utilizing the library meeting spaces must comply with the Meeting Room Policy.
Select the meeting space that fits your needs
|Meeting Room A & B (whole)||Meeting Room A or B (half)||Conference Room|
|Room Size||28′ x 66′||28′ x 33′||14′ x 22′|
|Standard Setup (Groups must return rooms to the standard setup)||(2) Ten tables in an open square with 20 chairs||Ten tables in an open square with 20 chairs (view picture)||Conference table with 10 chairs (view picture)|
|Available in Rooms||4 Extra Tables
40 Extra Chairs
2 Telephone Lines
2 White Boards
2 Coat Rooms
|2 Extra Tables
20 Extra Chairs
|5 Extra Chairs
TV – 60″
Counter with Sink
|Hours Available||Mon-Thu: 9am-9:30pm
(All equipment must be reserved in advance)
|46″ TV with a BluRay/DVD player, Microphone, Overhead Projector, Podium, White Board/Flip Chart Holder, Speaker Phone, Screen, LCD Projector, AV cart|
- The meeting rooms may be scheduled ONLINE starting at library opening time on October 31st for the following January – June and on April 30th for the following July – December.
- All other requests (in-person, phone, or email) can be made on or after November 1st at 9am for the following January – June and on May 1st at 9am for the following July – December.
- Organizations are allowed no more than two bookings per month.
- If a scheduled meeting is cancelled, the user must inform the Library one week in advance.