Digital Media Lab
CHECK OUT THE NEW DIGITAL MEDIA LAB!
What does the Digital Media Lab offer?
- High quality scanner (prints, slides, negatives)
- Photo editing software (Photoshop Elements 12)
- Video editing software (Power Director V12)
- VHS to DVD converter
- CD/DVD buffer
- Camera, camcorder, backdrops and lighting equipment
Please inquire at the reference desk if you would like to use or reserve equipment in the Digital Media Lab.
What are the rules?
- The Urbandale Public Library is not liable for any damage, cost, liability or personal harm that may occur from use of the media lab equipment, computers, software, or items brought into the lab.
- The media lab door will be locked at all times.
- Equipment/computers in the media lab can be scheduled for use up to 30 days in advance by contacting the reference desk. Equipment/computers can be scheduled for a maximum of four hours per day.
- Library staff is happy to provide assistance as time and expertise permit. However, staff is not authorized to operate equipment for you, or handle your personal property.
- The media lab will close 30 minutes prior to library closing time.
- Camera, camcorder, lighting and backdrop items can be checked out for use inside the library only. Lighting and backdrop items will need to be used in meeting rooms A or B – please check at the reference desk for availability.
- The media lab is available to patrons age 14 and older; those under 14 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Library policies are enforced in the media lab.