Teens & Tweens
Youth Chess Club
Wednesdays from 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM in the ICN Room
Kids age 8 and up can get some hands-on chess experience. Whether you’re a newbie, an intermediate, or a seasoned player, drop by the Library to share your interest in the game of chess. No meeting Wednesday, December 28th…instead, join us for Game On!
Teen Book Club (TBC)
Monday, December 12th at 6:30 PM in the Conference Room
Teens ages 13 and up are invited to join the TBC for snacks and discussion. TBC meets the second Monday of every month. Participants receive a free copy of What If?: Serious Scientific Answers to Absurd Hypothetical Questions by Randall Munroe. Teens can also participate in the book discussion through Edmodo. Questions? Email email@example.com.
Teen Stress Relief
Saturday, December 17 through Thursday, December 22 in the cafe
Stress relieving activities and snacks exclusively for teens during finals week, December 17th through the 22nd.
- WALKING TACOS – Saturday, 12/17 from 1:00-2:00 PM
- Keep the tummies from growling by eating some free walking tacos!
- THERAPY DOGS – Saturday, 12/17 from 3:00-4:00 PM & Sunday, 12/18 from 2:00-3:30 PM
- Cuddle the stress away by petting dogs.
- ZEN CHAIR MASSAGES – Sunday, 12/18 from 1:30-3:30 PM
- Get those knots worked out with a free chair massage from a professional masseuse!
- BLOW IT UP! – Tuesday, 12/20 at 7:00 PM
- Paint your feelings with a hammer, bust into the piñata, and create an actual explosion!
- TAKE IT BACK! – Wednesday, 12/21 at 7:00 PM
- Go back to younger years with playdough, finger paint, and blanket forts!
- TREAT YO SELF! – Thursday, 12/22 at 7:00 PM
- Take time to pamper yourself with temporary tattoos, DIY facials, and by making stress balls.